Protecting and defending your home and loved ones, is a basic right guaranteed under the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution. In the State of Florida, citizens have a right to have firearms which they can carry concealed, and the State shall issue a license to do so, if applicants meet the criteria in the State Statutes.
Shoot Straight offers a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Course, designed to prepare and provide participants with everything they’ll need to qualify, and apply for the States CWFL license requirements. This Course is offered at convenient locations, by accredited instructors, in a clean and safe environment. All Shoot Straight stores have range facilities and a full complement of safety equipment, making it easy to fulfill the State requirement for competency with a handgun.
Regardless of your skill or experience level prior to attending this 3.5 hour course, you’ll leave with a firm understanding of the laws and regulations governing the use of firearms/weapons, and a sense of competency in handling your own firearm. In this course, your instructor will review with you all the required forms, you will get two passport photos (required), you’ll receive your official Training Certificate (upon completion), you’ll get a directory of local agencies offering fingerprinting services, and a course packet with many other useful resources.
After completing Shoot Straights CWFL Course, and receiving your Florida Concealed Weapon License, you will be legally allowed to carry a firearm in over 30 states that have reciprocity agreements with the State of Florida. Class sizes are limited to just 20 students, and they fill up quickly, so sign up early!
Participants must be/have:
• A U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
• 21 years of age or older
• Able to speak, read and write in English (no interpreters)
• NO felony convictions
• NO misdemeanor convictions for crimes of domestic violence
• NO record of drug or alcohol abuse
• NOT under a restraining order for violence
• NOT been adjudicated incompetent
• The ability to demonstrate competency with a handgun (safe handling, loading, unloading and firing)
• Pre-registration and Pre-payment (in person or by phone, at desired location)
• Participation in CWFL Course must be desired for a lawful purpose(s)
• Government Issued Photo Identification (Drivers License or State ID card)
• Tuition: $75
• CALL STORE FOR CLASS SCHEDULE
Shoot Straight offers “Basic Firearms Safety & Tactics” classes, call ahead to confirm specific course dates at your local store. Whether you’re new to handguns, or an experienced gun owner, this class is for you! The instructors are professionals, who will help you learn the proper fundamentals, and develop your skills step-by-step. The class is conducted in a safe and friendly environment, with a small group of participants. The classroom portion of this three-hour course, will review safety, marksmanship, malfunctions, maintenance, and shooting fundamentals. The range portion covers bulls-eye drills, malfunction drills, point shooting, and practical shooting. Participants will have free use of Shoot Straight’s modern indoor range during the training session. No previous firearms experience is needed, and you do not have to own a handgun.
Don’t be like most people who buy a gun, put it away in a drawer, and rarely take it out again. Learn what you need to know to be effective with a firearm, then put it into practice. This course will help you build your confidence and skill level. So sign up today, and get started on the path to greater safety for your loved ones, by taking charge of your personal protection.
• Firearms Safety
• Shooting Fundamentals
• Malfunction Drills
• Firearms Maintenance
• Bulls-eye Drills
• “Point” Shooting
• “Practical” Shooting
• Tuition: $125.00 (includes all expenses)
• Firearm: Gun is provided
• Ammunition: 50 rds of ammo are included
• Equipment: Eye and hearing protection provided at the range
• Supplies: Targets provided (no other supplies required)
• CALL STORE FOR CLASS SCHEDULE