Introduction to Gunsmithing
What exactly is a gunsmith? And what does he or she do?
The definition of a gunsmith is… “a person who restores, makes, or repairs small guns.” That simple statement underscores a tradition and profession that dates back to the 1580’s, when firearms were gaining wider acceptance in mainstream society. Today’s gunsmith will typically undergo a lengthy apprenticeship, frequently with training in algebra, drafting, chemistry and ballistics. At Shoot Straight, we employ some of the best in the field. Our gunsmiths have over 40 years of combined experience in their craft. In a world where automation and standardization have become too commonplace, it is reassuring to know that your valuable firearms are cared for one-at-a-time, by masterful hands.
Below are some of the services offered by Shoot Straight gunsmiths. For specific questions about gunsmithing, please call or visit your local Shoot Straight.
• General Repairs
• Custom Repairs
• Accuracy Enhancement
• Barrel Channel Floating
• Custom Fitting
• Glass Bedding & Pillar Installation
• Night Sight Installation
• Recoil Pad Installation
• Scope Installation
• Stock and Length of Pull Adjustment
• Trigger and Action Jobs
Gun Restoration & Cleaning
• Cleaning and Storage Preparation
• Firearm Restorations
• Pistols (semi and single action)
• Rifles (semi and bolt)
• Shotguns (pump and semi)
• Scopes/Optics (installing/mounting and boresighting)
The National Rifle Association stands up for the Second Amendment rights of all citizens, and also offers a variety of programs to promote outdoor activities, shooting competitions, gun safety and much more. Become a member of the NRA and you too can be a part of these exciting programs.
NRA Membership Benefits
Your membership entitles you to many rewarding programs and products. Here are just a few of the exciting opportunities available to you when you become a member.
• 24/7 defense of your firearm freedoms
• Your choice of an award-winning NRA member magazine
◊America’s 1st Freedom
◊ American Hunter
◊ American Rifleman
• NRA Black and Gold shooters cap
• NRA membership card and decal
• Legislative updates
• $2,500 in ArmsCare firearms insurance
• $5,000 Life & Accidental Insurance* ($10,000 for Life Members)
• Discounts on hotels, car rental, airfare and hundreds of other local and national businesses
• No annual fee Visa card with 1% cash back (for qualified applicants)
(*Certain exclusions and limitations apply)
Hit the gift giving bull’s-eye by buying a Shoot Straight Gift Card for your favorite shooting sports enthusiast. Shoot Straight gift cards are the perfect solution when you just don’t know what to give friends, family, or business associates. We make it easy to give what they’ll truly appreciate, with a gift card in any dollar amount you choose.
Buying Gift Cards
Purchase gift cards at your local Shoot Straight store (click link for all store locations).
Shoot Straight Gift Cards FAQS
• Gift Cards are in U.S. funds only
• Gift Cards are limited to $500 per card*
• No dormant fees, annual fees or other fees
• Gift Cards can be reloaded for any amount*
• Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash
• Shoot Straight Gift Card Terms and Conditions
• Gift Cards can be redeemed at most Shoot Straight stores
• Buy Gift Cards at a Shoot Straight store
* Best of all, our gift cards have no expiration date. It’s the Perfect Gift!